Amanda Zdarsky is a partner in the firm’s Grand Rapids office.
After spending several years in practice in Illinois and Indiana, Amanda joined McGraw Morris in 2017, where she focuses on municipal litigation, including employment, civil rights defense, zoning, and school litigation. Amanda represents clients before state and federal courts, the EEOC and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, with extensive appellate and Michigan Supreme Court experience. In addition to her litigation work, Amanda provides skilled counsel to municipal entities throughout the state.
Amanda earned a bachelor of arts magna cum laude in political science and women’s studies from Loyola University Chicago and her law degree cum laude from Chicago-Kent College of Law where she served as Vice President of the Moot Court Honor Society and competed as a National Finalist in the National Moot Court Competition and National Appellate Advocacy Competition.
When she is not practicing, you can find Amanda at home in Grand Rapids with her husband, Chris, and their two daughters. Growing up in a family of public servants, Amanda understands the goals of her clients and the sacrifices that they make. She is grateful for the opportunity to represent those interests and does not take this responsibility lightly.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Rights
- School Law and Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- State of Michigan, 2017;
- State of Illinois, 2010;
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2016;
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2011;
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2011;
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2013;
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2016;
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2017;
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2020.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2010;
- Loyola University Chicago, 2006.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Federal Bar Association;
- State Bar of Michigan;
- Grand Rapids Bar Association;
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan.
- Municipal Law and Litigation
- Civil Rights Defense Litigation
- Labor and Employment Defense
- Police Professional Liability Defense
- School Law and Defense Litigation
- No-Fault and Auto Negligence Defense
- DDA and Corridor District Law
- Sewer, Water and Drain Law
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Business Litigation
- Election Law
- Zoning and Real Estate
- Premises Liability
- Appellate Law
- Personal Injury Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Natural Resources and Endangered Species
- Auto Negligence