Thomas D. Landa is a Partner at the McGraw Morris’ Troy location and heads its Business and Real Estate Transactions and Litigation Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of general corporate and business law, real estate, commercial litigation, and municipal law.
Mr. Landa focuses his business law practice on counseling and advising business owners on the formation, structuring, and operation of their business entities, business disputes, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial transactions across all industries and sectors.
He focuses his real estate practice on advising real estate owners, developers, investors, and brokers on matters relating to development, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, and real property disputes. Mr. Landa has also assisted clients with structuring complex deals involving real property of all types, entity formation, construction and development tactics, environmental due diligence, and federal, state, and local economic development incentives and grants.
He also routinely assists municipalities with respect to a variety of real estate matters, including, property tax assessments and appeals, downtown development authorities, the tax increment financing process and procedure, zoning ordinances and master plans, and issues that arise during the hearing process, and zoning litigation involving federal and state law.
His litigation experience in these areas allow him to anticipate and spot potentially troublesome situations or issues that can arise in a variety of business and real estate transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Zoning and Land Use
Bar And Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law J.D., Cum Laude, 2012
- Michigan State University – Eli Broad School of Business B.A., General Business Administration/Pre-Law, 2009
Professional Associations and Membership
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Economic Club
- Detroit Young Professionals
- Municipal Law and Litigation
- Civil Rights Defense Litigation
- Labor and Employment Defense
- Police Professional Liability Defense
- School Law and Defense Litigation
- No-Fault and Auto Negligence Defense
- DDA and Corridor District Law
- Sewer, Water and Drain Law
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Business Litigation
- Election Law
- Zoning and Real Estate
- Premises Liability
- Appellate Law
- Personal Injury Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Natural Resources and Endangered Species
- Auto Negligence